Listed below are some of the databases the Mansfield public library subscribes to.
EBSCO: Indexes over 3000 magazines & journals. Contains the full-text articles for over 1000 magazines, including Consumer Reports.
iCONN: Magazines, journals, newspapers, business & health information, reQuest – the Statewide Library Catalog, and more. Some interesting iCONN databases to note are:
- iCONN Newsstand: Full-text coverage of 7 major newspapers. Includes:
- Business & Company Resource Center for business information.
- Health & Wellness Resource Center for health information.
- Discovering Collection includes biography, science, history, and literature.
- General Reference Center Gold: Has articles and citations from magazines and newspapers.
- HeritageQuest ONLINE: Research resource for family history and American culture includes U.S. federal census records and the UMI Genealogy and Local History collection. Audience: Middle School & up
- LegalTrac: LegalTrac features a comprehensive collection of major legal publications. This invaluable resource provides indexing for more than 1,500 major law reviews, legal newspapers, specialty publications, Bar Association journals and international legal journals, including more than 250 titles in full text.
- Science in Context: Supporting high school curricula and university coursework, Science in Context features authoritative information for assignments and projects, and provides detailed coverage of popular subjects. From earth science and life science, to space, technology, mathematics and science history and biography, this revolutionary, this curriculum-oriented online experience is designed to boost achievement for students and researchers.
- ConnecticutHistory.org A project of the Connecticut Humanities Council, ConnecticutHistory.org is your home for stories about the people, traditions, innovations, and events that make up the rich history of the Nutmeg State. New content is added each week.